Sunday, May 20, 2012

April Ketchup

Ikiru

Kurosawa's film will make you wonder what it means "to live."

Rating: B

Raging Bull


I've seen better work from both DeNiro and Scorcece.

Rating: B-




Julia's Eyes

I was expecting something of the caliber of The Orphanage and got more of an Orphan quality.

Rating: C


Harold and Maude

One of the best coming-of-age films possibly ever made. Totally blew me away.

Rating: A-



Dogville

I can't say I agree with vonTrier's ideologies, but give that man a camera and he makes art. This might just be a masterpiece.

Rating: A


Cabin in the Woods

I honestly can't stop thinking about this film. Do yourself a favor and watch it asap.

Rating: B+


J. Edgar

I've already seen DiCaprio play this part in The Aviator. This was just odd.

Rating: C



Manic

An ode to Cuckoo's Nest, so nothing original, but JGL nails it every time.

Rating: B



Vicky Cristina Barcelona

I don't think Cruz deserved an Oscar, but gave a pretty good performance.

Rating: B-



Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

Almodovar does it again. So much to analyze from watching it.

Rating: B+


Bully

I can see why people might call this one-sided, but I thought it clearly conveyed the message it wanted to get across. Emotional and moving.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment